How To Bless Your Neighbor This Christmas!
We want to empower you to B.L.E.S.S. your network and neighborhoods this Christmas! Use these simple ideas to spark conversations with friends, family, neighbors, social media connections and people you encounter throughout your day. If we all BLESS someone this Christmas, more people than ever before can experience the good news of Jesus!
THE B.L.E.S.S. TOOL
B- Begin with prayer: Ask God for an Opportunity to Share Your Story.
- Who has God presented opportunities with.
- Who do I already have chemistry with?
- Who do I see regularly?
- Who likes me?
- Who listens to me?
- Who opens up to me?
L- Listen: Lead with a question. Seek to understand, before being understood.
- Questions create trust currency.
- Questions communicate care.
- Possible questions to ask:
- Where did you grow up?
- Where did you buy that shirt?
- What do you do?
- What is giving you trouble in life?
- What is bringing you joy in life?
- Where do you hang out?
- What do you do for fun?
- Tell me more about that?
E- Eat: Enjoying a meal with someone is one of the most spiritual things you could do. Jesus did this often.
- Good friends + good food = great conversations
- Possible places to take people:
- Your home
- Katherine’s Christian Bookstore: coffee or ice cream
- Coco Cake Studio: baked treats
- Taco Riendo:
- Frostbite: All American Food
- Fanboys: Barbecue
- The Ranch: Sandwiches
- Melanie's Seafood Company
- Sizzling Grill
- L'Incontro Italian Restaurant
S- Serve: Would our city, neighborhood, and neighbors miss us if we weren’t here?
- Potential needs to look for:
- Cleaning & household needs.
- Car pooling
S-Story: Everyone of us has a story to share
- Let God write your story
- My life before I met Jesus.
- Compose your story
- How I met Jesus.
- Did a friend invite you to church?
- Did a family member introduce you to Jesus?
- Did you go through a hard time in life that led you to God?
- Did an experience inspire you to get serious about committing your life to him?
IDEAS FOR SHARING CHRISTMAS
- Send Christmas Cards with a note of encouragement
- Leave a Christmas greeting note at your front door for delivery people
- Share baked goods with a neighbor
- Organize an outdoor neighborhood Christmas block Party
- Share South’s Christmas posts on social media and use the hashtag #ChristmasEveAtSouth
- Do an act of service for a neighbor (rake their yard, take in their trash cans, wash their car, etc.)
- Send a text with Christmas Eve services times and an invitation to watch if they cannot join you.
- December 24 5pm